[Coco] CoCo SDC board arrived and RGB to VGA converters

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Feb 7 13:22:14 EST 2014

On Friday 07 February 2014 13:11:15 Steve did opine:

> On 2/7/2014 3:55 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I have one, had to cobble up a composite sync signal to make it work,
> > video gain is a bit low.  Roy's latest version has better gain & just
> > slightly sharper.
>
> I have one of Roy's converters, but the image quality is just too bad to
> use.  (To dark and noisy.) What I want is a more professional solution
> that will hold up.
>
> Besides, once burned...
>
> Steve

The early one, nearly square board, wasn't very good.  The new one, longer,
slimmer board works as well as my ultra slow gime can do, no noise that is
not in the gime's output as I see it on my 100 mhz dual trace scope. Only
the blue is unusable in the 80 column text mode. But you should see it (the
blue) on the scope, only about 75 millivolts of video, with at least that
much noise, altho some of that could be from the probes 5" ground lead, a
good ground right there at the gime is hard to come by.

I could and did use that game card we're talking about, but this newer one
from Roy is better.  The production model might even be better, I get them
at the about 0.999 version. ;-)