[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 5 18:38:36 EST 2014

On 5/02/2014 5:10 AM, Frank Swygert wrote:

> I wonder what this will end up selling for?
> http://www.fpgaarcade.com/?q=node/6
> It has all the needed connectors, and there are cores for several 8 and 16
> bit machines (Amiga, Atari ST, VIC20, etc.). A CoCo3 (4) should be doable...
> The "expansion ports for external controllers" look like floppy drive ports,
> but probably aren't...

It's a nice board, but the killer for me is the fact that it has a Xilinx
FPGA, not Altera. Otherwise, it's pretty nice, with a modular design and
well-supported by the developers thus far.

Price is a bit of a mystery though... I can't find one anywhere, despite
claims that 150 boards have been shipped already. Hell, I can't even find
out where to buy one, and that's looking on the forums as well! :O

Reminds me of the C-One debacle; it was so hard to find any information on
buying one, let-alone technical doco, you'd think it was supposed to be a
secret!

Regards,