[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Tue Feb 4 11:13:00 EST 2014

I know this has been brought up before, but I have one of these:
http://www.mcc-home.com/  and it supports Atari 2600, Commodore 64,
Commodore Amiga, Apple II, and ZX Spectrum cores. Depending upon what
version that you buy/get (S-VIDEO or VGA), it only starts at $150 (and you
might be able to offer less):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MCC-216-AMIGA-C64-ATARI2600-ZX-Spectrum-255-C64-and-45-AMIGA-Games-Forever-/281244886863?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item417b80674f.
That's fully cased with software, cables, and a joystick. I do know
the
creator is always interested in having more cores developed for his
hardware. Again, I know this was discussed in the past, but I don't recall
the end result.

I don't think it's quite as powerful/flexible as the MIST, but I would
think that's one budget-friendly option. I seem to recall the "catch" from
an earlier discussion was that you couldn't really replicate the CoCo's
ports, but I wouldn't think that would necessarily have to be a deal
breaker per se. I also don't think these have sold in great numbers over
the past few years and a few of the cores have had one version and no
further development. The most developed cores are definitely for the 2600,
C-64, and Amiga.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and