[Coco] OT: Super Bowl RS Add

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 3 13:32:25 EST 2014

Maybe they should get into the retro computing and arduino scene? This is an
area that is beyond the scope of the big chain stores, a niche area that
they could tap into.

Imagine if they could sell an FPGA board that could become any of their
older computers.

Maybe even re-release the CoCo as a cost reduced retro platform for
hobbyists at the same time promoting their 80's marketing strategy?

Retro is becoming "hip" and "techno cool" again!   :)

Nick

I have seen new Radio Shack ads in either Popular Science or Popular
Mechanics Magazines.  They are pretty cool.  They are pushing the arduino,
but the ad is all about making a specific project, giving parts lists and
instructions.  I thought they were very well done, and gave me some hope
that maybe they were returning to their roots a bit.

--- Steve ---