[Coco] OT: Super Bowl RS Add

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Feb 3 02:21:43 EST 2014

On Feb 2, 2014, at 22:43 , Nick Marentes <nickma at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Maybe they should get into the retro computing and arduino scene? This is an
> area that is beyond the scope of the big chain stores, a niche area that
> they could tap into.

They have been selling Arduino stuff for a while, and I think that's a good sign.

> Imagine if they could sell an FPGA board that could become any of their
> older computers.
>
> Maybe even re-release the CoCo as a cost reduced retro platform for
> hobbyists at the same time promoting their 80's marketing strategy?
>
> Retro is becoming "hip" and "techno cool" again!   :)

That sort of thing would probably interest me, but I don't know if it would make business sense. Is the retrocomputing market really big enough to put things on shelves in chain stores?

A few months back, a co-worker and I stopped by Radio Shack to look for an RCA cable to hook up an Apple IIe that I just got to a monitor in the lab at work. When the sales guy came by to ask if we needed any help, I said "yeah, I'm looking for a video cable for an Apple IIe". The blank look on his face was funny. I can be such a jerk sometimes... :)

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/