[Coco] A way to recompile HDB-DOS with more fixed-address variable space

Juan Castro jccyc1965 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 22:56:08 EST 2014

Redefine the DFLBUF constant, from the current $0989 to, say, $09B9 if I
need 48 bytes for my stuff. I realize I can't do that forever or I'll start
messing with the DOS command who needs addess $2600 to load the bootstrap.

Could I expect some nasty side-effect from some software if I do that?

(In other news, I'm going to listen to the sage advice recently dispensed,
abandon that "detect signature" scheme and just use conditional assembly
for 16K ROMs.)

Juan