[Coco] Emulating a 1980 4K CoCo on PC

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 20:45:39 EST 2014

On Wed Dec 31 2014, Allen Huffman wrote:

... but I actually was thinking I might start looking for a 4K CoCo. Unless
> there's some amazing collector's value to them, you'd think they would be
> dirt cheap. Assuming any of them survived that weren't upgraded to more
> memory!

Mine was an opportunity purchase on Ebay, wasn't looking for one - when I
saw the listing it clearly stated the amount of RAM and ROM revision, I
think the listing had a Buy Now option and the asking price was decent, no
more than US$30.00 if I remember correctly. I jumped at the possibility of
getting an early production runs C rev board but no such luck, my 3001 CoCo
1 is a D rev board (The Google+ album for this CoCo ->
http://tinyurl.com/mwzhg6n).

Haven't seen more 4k machines on Ebay, they do seem to be a rarity. Set a
search and cross them fingers :-)

-- RP