[Coco] Disk BASIC - OPEN with append?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Dec 30 15:44:19 EST 2014

> On Dec 30, 2014, at 1:33 PM, Arthur Flexser <flexser at fiu.edu> wrote:
>
> Also, could the MERGE command be used for this?  I think it works for any
> ASCII file, not just Basic programs.

There's a MERGE command???

I'll be darned -- but maybe not what we think?

----
MERGE "filename",R

Loads the specified program file from disk, and merges it with the program that exists in memory. If you include the R, the computer runs the program immediately after merging it.

	MERGE "SUB/BAS"
	MERGE "NEW",R
----

Direct access is what I used, but I was hoping to be able to make a plaintext file that could then be read as a CSV comma separated file in a spreadsheet or something. I will probably just create my own "D" direct access file and make an export function to write it out as a CSV :)

		-- Allen