[Coco] 4K Coco 1 Color Basic Programming Contest

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Dec 29 00:15:45 EST 2014

Second entry:

G2048 by Jim Gerrie. This is a 4K CoCo version of the hit phone came “2048.” I only saw this game for the first time a week ago. It’s like those 3x3 tile games that you slide around to make the numbers in order. One tile starts with a “2” then you pick a direction and all tiles slide as far as they can in that direction. Each time you slide, another “2” appears. The goal is to slide matches numbers together so they double. 2 and 2 makes a 4. Then you need to slide two more 2’s and make a second 4 to combine with the first one to make an 8, and so on. The goal is getting a 2048 tile. I have only played it twice (once on iPad, once on Xroar CoCo 1) and failed both times. VERY FUN!

Also, his JIMVADERS has gotten a second update, and it seems to only have about 300 bytes free so I doubt he can do much more with it.

I am coming up with ideas on an award for what we deem the best 4K entry. I am thinking at this point it would be nice to have a CoCoSDC with plexiglass enclosure and SD card as a starting prize, and maybe do something on top of that. It would be nice to have the price tie in to 4K or 1980. I wish I still had money — I’d love to have a $1980 price or even a $4096 prize. But, not on my budget! I’m livin’ on sandwiches and ramen these days.

		— Allen