[Coco] 4K Coco 1 Color Basic Programming Contest

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Dec 28 00:22:23 EST 2014

First entry:

JIMVADERS by Jim Gerrie. Text mode space invaders style game, using an up arrow as your base, number signs as the invaders, and “<<>>” at the top as a mothership. Shots go up and turn in to a small text explosion with appropriate beeps. Loadable off of tape on a 1980 4K CoCo.

Funny, earlier tonight I was copying .DSK images to an SD card to test out my CoCoSDC and I ran across on called INVADERS.DSK or similar. It was a semigraphics game from 1995 called “SPACED.BIN” (which won’t play on Xroar so I guess it used some CoCo 3 stuff?).

This is going to be interesting.

		— Allen