[Coco] quick dw hdb-dos question

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Wed Dec 24 13:00:23 EST 2014

I have HDB-DOS on a eprom.  I'm happy.  When it starts the
version/banner is:

HDB-DOS 1.1D DW3 COCO 3

It engages the high speed poke and runs at 115k baud as expected.
Question:  Is there a POKE (etc) that would disable the high speed
poke?  I know I can poke back to low speed, but HDB-DOS will always
switch it back to high speed.  Normally this is what I want.  But if I'm
going to be typing for a long time, or using speech pak, would be nice
to be able to shift it to 0.89mhz as per normal, and I assume then
communication would be at 57.6k   ...?  But maybe there is no such
switch available.

Thanks all, merry Christmas.

-RobertH