[Coco] CoCo 2 repair - Transformer?

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 20:35:58 EST 2014

10-4 on the first part.  I went back and looked at parallel secondary with single primary as it seems to be that type.

Not sure about the 17.5v part, I just tested that with my spare 26-3136 for comparison and here's what I found....

Keep in mind these tests were done at the secondary output connectors directly without a load..

26-3136:

26-3127:

There is definitely a difference.  Either it's differently rated supplies, or one is out of specification.  I could not find a 17.5vac power supply on Digikey, but they do have series 16V and series 18V which would be close to the 26-3136 readings.  They have series 20v which would be close to what I showed for the 26-3127.   Wish I could find a 26-3027/3127 manual that would show the specs for that supply but it doesn't seem to exist.  Also I'm not sure what the tolerances are on the board's power circuit.  If I were to replace the transformer, hypothetically, I would try to find one with the closes output voltage to what it's previous supply was putting out to be safe as possible.