[Coco] Closing BBS

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Tue Dec 23 13:46:12 EST 2014

It's great that you were hosting a BBS in this day and age, I have a lot
of good memories of dialing phone numbers and getting busy signals.  I
was throwing around the idea, a year or so ago, of hosting my own BBS
for absolutely no reason other than I could.  But to keep costs down, I
wanted to use VoIP lines instead of land lines.  I thought (at the time)
that at 2400 baud, maybe a voip line would work.  Well, I never did get
a voip line to work, not even at 300bps.  If you were able to make VoIP
work, I'd be very interested in how you did it, if you're willing to
share -- feel free to email me directly if that's the case.  And of
course, if anyone else on this list is a VoIP wizard...

Thanks,
-RobertH