[Coco] Drivewire & Bluetooth

David Ladd dladd at realmspire.com
Tue Dec 23 12:42:53 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 10:02 PM, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:
>>><cut>
> Using a $9 Arduino clone and an $11 ethernet Shield can also do that, with the small addition of a TTL-RS232 adapter (a few more bucks). My CoCo internet project is doing it that way, going from bitbanger or RS232 port to ethernet. You can do stuff like Hayes modem commands like “ATDI192.168.0.1” (I for internet, instead of T for touch tone, then IP/domain name instead of phone number) and get a basic telnet-to-serial connection. Once I get my CoCo out, I hope to put it online this way — right now all my testing has been via Mac and RS232 adapter.

I went a bit stranger than that :D
I a old netbook running Windows XP & DW4 server configured with
multiple instances.

I have multiple instances of the EMU configuration setup and rather
than having a EMU connect to that session I tested a friends RS232 to
TCP device.  He set it up for me for the IP and port I needed.  Then I
plugged it into my CoCo2 & HDBDOS.  It came up fine and the netbook is
connected over WiFi.

So basically a RS232 to TCP/WiFi should work just fine for anyone
else.  Though I like to play with stuff to see what crazy crap can be
done lol

Aaron Wolfe!  Thank you for supporting multiple instances on DW4 :D