[Coco] CoCoSDC: Using RS-DOS for new .DSK image file size?

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Fri Dec 19 11:37:38 EST 2014

Allen Huffman wrote:

> > http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/dplus-sdc/README
> >
> > Patching DOSplus for the Dragon to support CoCoSDC.
>
> To "prime" a DSK image for DSKINIT to succeed, issue something like the
> following after creating:
> SWRITE 1,39,18,"",""
> or to expand it to 40TDS:
> SWRITE 1,39,36,"",""
> ----
> What is the SWRITE command? Is that a DOSplus thing?

Yeah, inherited from DragonDOS.  That was added to the README after Darren
explained how the auto-expanding worked.  Basically the same as DSKO$.

It's needed because of the way DOSplus verifies the format.  I might
tweak DSKINIT to automagically expand the disk by writing to the "last"
sector before doing the verify pass.  And maybe ditch the verify entirely
- hardly necessary in this case!

..ciaran