[Coco] Fwd: CoCo 2 Factory Composite Video RE'd

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 14:55:22 EST 2014

It's "maybe" possible that it was an Educational model or something. Tandy was big on providing educational materials (actually big on BIG tax write offs and hopes the kid's parents would buy them one).
They also ran nation-wide "Summer Computer Camps" two of which were "TRS-80 Logo Computer Camp" and "TRS-80 Basic Computer Camp" and both ads (TRS-80 News Letter) specify learning on the Color Computer and Extended Color Basic. So they may have made some special models for their camps or for school systems as Tandy also setup school network systems with Coco terminals and Model 3 & 4 as servers. There's pictures of such systems set up in classrooms in some of the TRS-80 News Letters. There's also diagrams and specs on how it's done.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com