[Coco] Does anyone have a Level3 disk that actually boots?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Dec 16 11:48:48 EST 2014

Bill Nobel wrote:
> Hey Robert, I just tried your boot under 512k in VCC and it booted just fine. Is this something sporadic or maybe setup? I use your boot raw no mods on my part (same HD size and setup, except I use /H0 as /DD)
>
> Bill Nobel

I just found the problem. The disk image I sent you did not have config.os9 in
the SYS directory. I've been playing with a config.os9 from a different disk and
that was causing a problem.

There were some directories listed in config.os9 which did not exist. Whatever
error that caused, could not be dealt with with 512K on the VCC but would work
with 2Meg. Now that I have edited config.os9 to match the disk, 512K works!

For some unknown reason, the config.os9 did not affect booting on a real Coco3.

Robert