[Coco] 1980 CoCoCoding contest? (4K Color BASIC 1.0)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Dec 13 23:54:44 EST 2014

On Dec 9, 2014, at 1:56 PM, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

> Would anyone be interested in having some silly fun, and writing programs for the original 1980 4K CoCo with COLOR BASIC 1.0?

Here is a placeholder page for this “contest”:

http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/CoCoCoding_1980_Contest <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/CoCoCoding_1980_Contest>

We can come up with ideas and suggestions. I just haven’t had time to think about it much.

Xroar can run Color BASIC 1.0 (bas10.rom is what you want) so that would be a very easy one to get going to play with this if you don’t have an actual 4K CoCo around ;-)

I will have to add a section about using Xroar and setting up a cassette image and stuff.

		— Allen