[Coco] FW: CoCO EPROM -- 32K test??

Camillus Blockx camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 15:22:55 EST 2014

Hi chad, I think you can do a simple test.

An erased eprom will have all  &HFF at his data bus when empty, right.
Now if you program an eprom ( pin compatible eeprom is ok too, saves you the UV erase time ) on some specific addresses in the address space of the eprom, I presume this is a 15 bit address space, let say 9 ( 3 in low address, 3 in mid address, 3 in high address ), with a pattern of 01011010 = &H5  Make note of the addresses you picked.

e.g.             00011 00000 00000         00000 00011 00000       00000 00000 00011

Now put this rom into your device, select the 32K  range, add some power to he board and make the address pins rom the eprom high by connecting them to the + 5V ( this means you have to connect 2 address pins per test  ).

Now you just have to see if the voltage on the data bus is in line with the pattern you programmed.

This test is faster done then explained...LOL
Hope you could follow and sorry for my english it is not my native language, writing that is even worse...LOL

Anyway hope this helps. My coco is on the bench in ICU otherwise I would love to test it for you.
camillus