[Coco] More poor news for Radio Shack

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Dec 12 14:00:26 EST 2014

> On Dec 12, 2014, at 12:34 PM, spereira1952 at comcast.net wrote:
>
> One thing that Radio Shack actually could do is stock up their online store, let's say with everything under the sun to support electronics hobbyists, and offer free shipping to the store nearest to you. If they could get their pricing down in line, then the added advantage of being able to order online, and then drive a few miles to pick up your items tomorrow, might be attractive. Along with that, it would not force the small stores with little room for storage to have to try and have anything and everything in stock.

I think many of us may not be familiar with today's RadioShack. RadioShack.com DOES have an extensive list of things only available there -- third party amplifiers, electronics, 3-D printer stuff, etc. -- and it all ships to store for free.

BUT, the pricing is not as good as other places, and they lost a shipment of Arduino DMX shields I ordered and I never was able to get them (no one else had them for the sale price they had them at the time; then they discontinued them, thus the sale price I guess).

Now, if they had prices similar to DigiKey and Mouser, would anyone know? We still seem to think they don't carry anything and only do cell phones.

		-- A