[Coco] More poor news for Radio Shack

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Dec 12 13:57:55 EST 2014

> On Dec 12, 2014, at 11:32 AM, Zippster <zippster278 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The only thing Radio Shack would have going for them would be the convenience
> of not having to wait a few days to get your parts (albeit at a greatly inflated price).
> And I’d buy parts there in situations where I didn’t want to wait, if it weren’t such a
> rare thing for them to actually have a component I needed.

And if you have ever been to a gas station, you will notice they sell eggs, milk, soup, etc. and no one in their right mind would ever buy those things at those over-inflated prices. But they do, for those very reasons. And thus, decades later, convenience stores still exist, overcharging for everything.

> I’ve pretty much stopped trying to buy anything there unless I unexpectedly
> run out of solder, or really need a $23 usb cable that I can’t wait 4 days to get for $5.

I contest that times have just changed. There aren't enough of us left that solder, need a part, or even hook up something to our computer if it isn't a phone that came with a cable... They could have 100% as much stuff today as they had 30 years ago, and they'd still be in worse shape.

		-- A