[Coco] Glenside IDE problem

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Dec 10 22:17:35 EST 2014

On Wednesday 10 December 2014 20:23:12 Bill Pierce via Coco did opine
And Gene did reply:
> David, it's the max that OS9 will do.... Why? because I don't see
> formating 128meg and wasting 39.8 gig :-) I'll eventually have 5 of
> these on this drive (not including RSDOS partitions). Why? this is my
> revenge for all those "Disk Full" errors all through the years :-)

But that is where it all falls over, Bill.  You will have used the maximum
amount of a single drive that os9 can address. That $FFFFFF I quoted is
all the drive, in sectors, that os9 can reach, you are out of addressing
bits and cannot stack any more on top of it as it will just roll over to
zero and start all over again. Thats not pretty.  At. All.

> Bill Pierce
> "Today is a good day... I woke up" - Ritchie Havens

> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)