[Coco] Modifying SDC-DOS to bigger Floppy formats

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sun Dec 7 09:28:32 EST 2014

Hi Darren!

I'm mentioning this while I have it on my  mind this morning, but I don't
want to take you away from the firmware updates needed for CocoSDC to access
real floppy drives.  I would like to get the needed information from you so
I can modify SDC-DOS to access my 180K, 360K and 720K ADOS diskettes.

Did you just add your SDC code to the end of the DISK BASIC ROM or are they
scattered throughout the 8K image?

Are the pokes for changing the maximum tracks accessed by Disk Basic 1.1 and
2.1 the same as for SDC-DOS?

I also have other floppies made by other versions of RS-DOS that I would
like to access as well, but I'll just start with 40 track DSDD and the 80
track DSDD ADOS floppy disks first.  I'm planning on having several versions
of SDC-DOS depending on which floppy format I wish to use.  I hope you have
time to give me the addresses I need to modify.  What do you think?

Kip Koon

 <mailto:computerdoc at sc.rr.com> computerdoc at sc.rr.com

 <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>