[Coco] Telnetting from a window

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Dec 5 14:04:04 EST 2014

On Friday 05 December 2014 06:52:23 Kip Koon did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Hi Bill!
> Duh!  How could I forget.  Ok then.  Hummm...  all the commands can be
> put into the startup file of course.  I'll have to ask the coco
> community how to start a command in another window.  At present you
> could put everything in the startup file, then press clear once
> booting NitrOS-9 is finished.  With 1 key press you'd be there.  Which
> window you use really doesn't matter.  Try this until I figure out how
> to initiate a command in another window.
>
> Kip Koon
> computerdoc at sc.rr.com
> http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon

Sheesh!

Create the window in your startup script, then issue the "display" command
to switch to it, launch the program & then use the display command again
to switch back to the original bootup screen.

There is a way I believe where one can use the shell redirects, but the
exact syntax for that I'd have to go look up, and I'm both lazy, old & the
L2 books are in the basement with my coco3.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)