[Coco] CoCo2 Strange Side Switches

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 10:13:37 EST 2014

OK So here is what we have.

Switch 1 (the rear one) connects the IC CSS pin to the Socket.

Switch 2 (the front one) connects Vcc to CSS via a pull up resistor.

So here is what I think it does:

Switch one will force CSS High causing it to use the "second" color
according to the datasheet.

Switch Two will connect the IC to the PCB.  Assuming this is connected to
the processor somehow it will allow the value of CSS to be controlled via a
POKE command.