[Coco] CoCo in Retro Gamer Magazine

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 26 20:11:58 EDT 2014

On 27/08/2014 4:42 AM, Nick Marentes wrote:

> Retro Gamer Issue 132 has 4 pages devoted to the Tandy TRS-80 in the column
> "Minority Report".

> This is a British magazine where the CoCo wasn't so prominant as in the US.

I'm surprised that they did an article on the Coco in the first place!

I've given up on them featuring the TRS-80 Model I/III/4 at all, let alone
featuring software written for them or the Coco or the Apple II. To be
honest, 80% of the coverage is Spectrum, Commodore and BBC Micro.

I have 117 of the first 120 issues and when the newsagent accidentally
cancelled my order after #120 I didn't bother to renew since I was some 50
issues behind in reading and they were starting to recycle articles and
ideas even around issue #75... I'm *so* sick of reading about Dizzy, Manic
Miner, Jet Set Willy & the Oliver Twins - they're mentioned in almost every
issue. I also feel they're stretching the definition of 'retro' in some
areas and more heavily featuring PC and mobile-based remakes and even modern
games under the pretext that they are 'in the style of retro' which quite
frankly isn't what I paid to read about.

Having said that I'd still be interested in completing my collection up to
#120 so if anyone (Nick?) is willing to sell issues they've already read, I
*think* I'm missing #2, #96 & #97 (I'll check that). Beyond #120 I think
I'll wait for the inevitable e-version on DVD.

Regards,