[Coco] HDB-DOS 1.4 LBA Does Not Produce OK Prompt on Glenside IDE Controller

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 06:33:37 EDT 2014

also what is the port set in your hdb-dos rom and hdb-dos offset?

On Aug 14, 2014, at 5:09 AM, Shane Broadbent <shanetb at telstra.com> wrote:

Kip Koon <computerdoc at ...> writes:

> Hi HDB-DOS Experts!
>
> I burnt HDB-DOS 1.4 LBA and ran it on the Glenside IDE Controller last night
> on my Coco 3 and was greeted by the HDB-DOS 1.4 LBA message as well as the
> DECB message, but the OK prompt never appeared?  I figured HDBLBA.ROM was
> the correct rom image to use since HDB-DOS 1.1D LBA is running on my
> SuperIDE controller.  I'm running an IDE to CF Card adapter plugged into the
> IDE connector and it is strapped as the Master Drive and for +5V which is
> externally supplied.  This configuration works fine under NitrOS-9 6809 L2
> v3.3.0 DW Coco 3.  Is HDBLBA.ROM the correct rom image file to use and if
> so, what do you think is the problem.  If not, which rom image should I use?
> Any other ideas?  Thank you all in advance for any help you can give.
>
> Kip Koon
>
> <mailto:computerdoc at ...> computerdoc at ...
>
> <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>
> http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon
>
> <http://computerpcdoc.com/> http://computerpcdoc.com/

Hi Kip,

I'm definitely not a HDB-DOS expert, but you did not mention what base
address the Glenside board 'jumper' is set to (50 or 70).
I am using a CF with one of Luis Antoniosi's images and the board jumper is
set to 50. Either way, try the other setting if you have not already.

Cheers,
Shane