[Coco] 6809 compilers

Kandur k at qdv.pw
Thu Aug 7 16:01:22 EDT 2014

Thanks for the info.

Thursday, August 7, 2014, 10:01:54 AM, you wrote:
> On 08/07/2014 11:52 AM, Joel Ewy wrote:
<snip>
>>> Wondering, what tools may have been used by the author in 1982,
>>> to produce this code?  http://qdv.pw/eng/_text/Coco/lrt-sb.zip
<snip>
>> That code would probably have been assembled by the OS-9 asm
>> assembler, running under the OS-9 operating system.  Probably OS-9
>> Level I, possibly on a 64K CoCo, or maybe another 6809-based computer
>> like a GIMIX or SWTPC.

For years the  SS-50 bus SWTPC 6809 was my main computer,
while I was dreaming of the Gimix and the Smoke Signal. :)
> Actually, it looks like the LRtech Superboard was a SCSI adapter for the CoCo (3)

Actually the LR-Tech Super Board had no HD controller on it.
http://qdv.pw/coco/?p=201
However, LR-Tech did have this HD controller.
http://qdv.pw/eng/_photos/Computers/Coco/cartridges/HD%20controller/index.html
>  from a little later on in the '80s, so it might have been code
> for the rma assembler instead.  I'm not sure I could tell the difference
> at a glance.  May have been developed on a CoCo 3 in OS-9 Level II.  But
> it is definitely OS-9 device driver and device descriptor code.
> JCE

Kandur