[Coco] 6809 compilers

Kandur k at qdv.pw
Wed Aug 6 23:17:54 EDT 2014

> I don't currently have a windows system to test with. I don't think the
> resulting binaries still require the mingw system to run. They should
> only depend on the standard C library which you probably already have.

This is good news.
> You certainly need mingw and msys to compile lwtools but if you obtain a
> contributed binary, what it requires will depend on how it was compiled.
> Tormod's contributed binaries were built with mingw.

The bad news is, I can't download those binaries:
http://lwtools.projects.l-w.ca/contrib/tormod/
> By the way, the source files you linked to will probably require a bit
> of tweaking to assemble with lwasm. Notably, lwasm does not ship with an
> os9defs file so you'll have to acquire an appropriate one from somewhere.

That sould be no problem.
> It does, however, support building OS9 modules.

That is great.
However, my code contains several lines like this:

 ifp1
 use /h0/defs/os9defs
 use /h0/defs/scfdefs
 endc

Can I just simply delete them, because these in LWASM
could lead to unintentional problems and phasing errors?

Kandur

> On 14-08-06 08:02 PM, Kandur wrote:
>> Thank you William,
>> It appears, that the mingw and the basic msys system
>> has to be installed in order to be able to use lwtools.
>> Am I correct?
>> Looks like it is a very well written and maintained product.
>> (2014-04-11: LWTOOLS 4.10)

>> Kandur

>> Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 5:05:10 PM, you wrote:
>>> In addition to others mentioned, you might also consider lwtools. It doesn't
>>> have a gui but it does work on Windows. It doesn't compile c or anything like
>>> that but it does support  assembling to object files and then linking.

>>> Lwtools is at http://lwtools.projects.l-w.ca

>>> Kandur