[Coco] DroidWire, cocofest Edition

Brian random.rodder at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 16:55:10 EDT 2014

Well, I've made a small amount of progress. When I wired up the HC-05 to
the CoCo, I used a 4 pin DIN cable, and wired it like a turbo DriveWire
cable, according to the diagram on CoCoPedia.

This morning, I clipped the wire from pin 1 of the bit banger, and the
connection is stable enough I can load and run small programs. However,
anything that takes extended disk access to load (NitrOS-9 for example)
always ends in an I/O error on the CoCo. For example, when I try to run
the CoCoMaxIII slide show, I can load to basic file that sets it up, but,
when it tried to load the images from the disk, I get a disk error.

Along with clipping that wire, I have also configured a pair of the HC-05
modules in a master/slave configuration, in order to see if these issues
were just a glitch between different bluetooth modules. Silly, I know,
but, I'm grasping at straws right now. This test made no difference in the
reliability of the data connection, as I continue to get I/O errors.

I've also tried to use the serial bluetooth connection with CoCoNet. While
the connection is successful, in as much as CoCoNet server acknowledges
the serial connection, and I can mount disk images; the directory
information is garbled and I get FS? errors when trying to load anything.

Still looking at possible solutions...