[Coco] King's Quest IV Update

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Apr 26 03:17:00 EDT 2014

On 26/04/2014 4:04 PM, Bill Pierce wrote:
> Nick, the orch90 isn't like the SS pak that has a sound chip and generates it's own sound. Using the orchestra 90 for sound would require full cpu as it's just two 8 bit DACs... same as using the Coco's 6 bit DAC, just twice the overhead... even in RSDOS, it doesn't matter. It takes the exact same routine as playing samples, just split ing the output ports, and getting better quality and stereo sound.

Ah! I don't have an Ochestra 90 so I din't know.

I do have a sound & Speech pak. Is it easier to modify the sound to use
this via a driver?

The SHIFT ARROWS is usable in the game but once your character starts
walking, she ain's stoppin'!

Unless she bumps in to something.

Is there source for these games or is it written to use some common
Sierra adventure engine (the engine being the part written for the
target system)?

Nick