[Coco] King's Quest IV Update

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Apr 25 05:46:00 EDT 2014

Nick, those controls are standard in all Sierra games. I have no idea why they chose such an odd convention. To move diagnally, use <cntl.<arrow> (I think). <Cntl><Break> brings up the menu (I think), it's been a while since I played them.
The music is a leftover from the original machine as only a few of the Sierra games were ever done for the Coco. On the original Coco versions (King's quest 3, Leisure Suit Larry etc), either the music can be interrupted, or there was no music (in some).
I read somewhere that Sierra quit doing the Coco ports of their games because the Color Computer community had the largest software pirate base, therefore the smallest profit margin.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com