[Coco] [OFF] Hitachi MB-6890 information needed

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 10:26:07 EDT 2014

and maybe this machine was the reason for Hitachi to design the 6309 without motorola approval

On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:02 AM, Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:

Daniel,
I "googled" "hitachi mb-6890" and found all kinds of articles. One of which was the manual page already linked.
Another was a forum where someone was saying they had a bunch of disks for it and were wondering how to read them.
Also you can google "hitachi peach" as that seems to be the "pet" name of the machine.
I also read that many people wondered if hitachi was actually using a 6309 instead of a 6809 as the machine seemed faster than a 6809 and had much broader capabilities (especially graphics) than the average 6809 machine. Tha could explain why they never broadened their distribution of the machine... Motorola probably wouldn't have liked it :-)
This machine may be a candidate for a NitrOS-9 port...

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com