[Coco] WHAT MANNER OF UNHOLY WIZARDRY IS THIS?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Apr 20 21:58:54 EDT 2014

Art,
H. Allen Curtis did several articles in Rainbow, Hot coco and Color Computer Magazine on installing and embedding ML to a basic pgram. I remember one called "*paint" (star paint) that not only was the code at the end of the basic file, but it would add itself to Basics cmds by having one line added to the beginning of the program. It would dynamically know it's own start address no matter how many lines of basic you added. IIRC, it peeked an address in basic's direct page to get the end of basic, then subtracted the program size to get the start.  He did several programs like that one. I remember using that technique to add commands to basic until I finally found a memory map of the basic cmd tables in Hot Coco (Micro80 days) and found out how to do it that way. That article was aslo by H.Allen Curtis.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com