[Coco] eBay 6309 chips

Chester Patterson chester6809 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 00:48:41 EDT 2014

I got myself one of those $100 soldering/desoldering stations back when I
had some spare cash ages ago. I used to be super at prying parts out of
boards. But that was 20 or more years ago. We shall see. I am blessed with
having access to all manner of vacuum pumps to make myself a nice solder
sucker. I probably will do one or two the "kind and gentle" way, get fed up,
and do the snip and rip method thereafter. Having four CC3's and two (or is
it three?) CC2's I'm not too worried about losing one. But your caution is
warranted, and I will consider. I do have two or three 6809 CPU's stashed
around here somewhere... Haven't seen them in years. Great gopher guts! I
found some PROMS with 6809 OS9 (Level 1) for GIMIX! I remember that machine.
Sill me, I tore it apart for parts. Dumb.

Your advise is well taken, and appreciated. I had not thought of that. I
will buy 10 6309 and hope that at least half are good. That's all I need.

Chet
The beer may be good but scotch has less calories (or does it?)