[Coco] eBay 6309 chips

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sat Apr 19 00:00:43 EDT 2014

The other side of the argument, as I see it:

1.  Unless you're really good at de-soldering and are extremely careful
that all 40 pins have been completely freed before you try to pull the old
chip, you run the risk of tearing a trace with non-destructive removal.  Is
it worth that risk to salvage a 6809 that you're probably never going to
use, having upgraded to 6309s?

2.  6809s may become precious some day, but right now they are available on
eBay for around $5-10 for quantity one, cheaper if you buy several.

Art