[Coco] Run .BIN directly in Coco3 emulator?

Richard Goedeken Richard at fascinationsoftware.com
Fri Apr 11 10:55:44 EDT 2014

I don't know of any way to do exactly what you're asking for.  If you built a
cartridge image then you could run that via the '-cart' option in MESS, but I
don't know of any way to start up with a generic .bin file.  This feature is
common in C64 and +4 emus though.  Probably because it's a bigger pain to get
a directory listing and launch a program on these machines.  For my
development work, I use this file2dsk program to generate a DSK image as a
makefile step.  Here is the webpage for this utility:

http://www.chipple.net/coco/file2dsk/

This thing is pretty rough; I had to fix a few bugs to make it play nicely
with my workflow.  I can send you my modified source code if you like.

Richard