[Coco] SVGA converters

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sat Apr 5 13:53:57 EDT 2014

On 4/5/2014 7:56 AM, RJRTTY at aol.com wrote:
> Hello Coco friends
>

>         I am writing to you today to announce  a price change
> for my converters.    I have decided to lower the price  to
> $50 for both the board level unit and the one with an
> enclosure.   The cost to produce them is over $100 but that
> is a totally unacceptable price since you can get single
> board computers for less than that.   So I have dropped
> the price to something more reasonable.   Something
> I would pay if it were me buying the product.
>
>      The only reason I have to sell below cost is that  commercial
> units are made by the gross using "pick and place" machines
> while mine are hand made.  They buy components in bulk
> while I buy small quantities at a time.
I don't mean to horn in or overplay, but I am happy to help make sure
the units are produced and would be happy to make sure no one loses
money on the production.  I regularly have turn key assembly performed
for units, and I'm happy to run 100 units to get the pricing down even
if there's no immediate need for 100 units.

>      I enjoy making the units anyway.   It's sort  of like woodworking
> or painting pictures.   It relieves stress and gives me a sense  of
> accomplishment.
Probably can't help you there, but I do hate to see folks lose money on
their hobby.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com