[Coco] Announcing CoCoCloud (aka DriveWire 5)

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 19:38:58 EDT 2014

On Apr 1, 2014 7:27 PM, "Mark McDougall" <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> On 2/04/2014 1:33 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>
>> I am very excited to let everyone know about the latest in DriveWire
>> developments:  the CoCoCloud.  This project was originally intended to
>> be DriveWire 5, but I have changed the name to reflect the new cloud
>> based design.
>

> You actually got me, Aaron, you b*astard!

Its surprisingly hard to find the line between what's plausible and what's
insane when it comes to our beloved CoCo :).  I am still blown away that
somebody actually created for the c64 what seemed like a silly joke to me
this morning.

I was hoping there would be enough hatred of "the cloud" in general and the
Google/Facebook requirement to spawn at least a little weeping and gnashing
of teeth.  Not to mention requiring an adapter (which, it turns out, the
c64 thing actually does require!).

Apologies for not getting the balance of foolishness right.  Maybe
CoCoCloud isn't as terrible an idea as I thought.