[Coco] Drivewire and ADOS...

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Sep 30 17:09:50 EDT 2013

On Monday 30 September 2013 17:07:56 Brian Blake did opine:

> On 9/30/2013 4:47 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Well and good, Al. But the last I knew, that site was a wordpress
> > site, and resembles the question always asked about concrete as its
> > being poured "will it crack?". Wrong. Question. Patently so if history
> > has anything to testify about it. The site WILL be cracked and
> > hacked/destroyed & has been at least twice in the past. So the
> > question then is "when will it be hacked?" So let me make a suggestion
> > right now, at least 2 of us should setup scripts to do a wget -R on
> > the site, the whole thing, say one of you doing it from a crontab
> > entry on Wednesday and the other one on Sunday. That way, should it
> > need a reset, we have an image of the site to reset it to, one that is
> > not more than 4 days old. Since I already am keeping backups of the
> > repo's, all 3 of them, here, I will defer that job to someone else
> > with the requisite few gigs of spare disk space. With an eye to easing
> > the bandwidth used, do the wget the first time, then switch to rsync,
> > which will only exchange data that is different each time. Cheers,
> > Gene
>
> Gene,
>
> I think you're confusing coco3.com with CoCoPedia. CoCoPedia runs on
> MediaWiki; coco3.com runs on WordPress, and has had a large number of
> issues in the far past and semi-recent past. I'm not aware of CoCoPedia
> being hacked...
>

> Brian

Good, and you may be right, my history with wordpress is, shall we say,
much much less than impressive.  Its a winders toy and apparently always
will be.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Thank God a million billion times you live in Texas.
         law-abiding citizens.