[Coco] 2764 EPROM vs 2864 EEPROM

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Sat Sep 28 20:34:32 EDT 2013

On Sep 28, 2013, at 5:09 PM, tonym wrote:

> The market, well, how many commercial businesses actually use Linux for tasks like burning EPROMs, etc...?
> Also, nowadays, how many people actually NEED to burn EPROMs?

The burners do more than EPROMs though. They do lots of different flash chips and some can do some of the microcontrollers. Things that are used by hobbyists. And it's really not about a market, since as you said, they want free and open. I would expect some hacker to reverse engineer a burner and cobble together some software for their own use, and then share it. It's also something I would expect one of the ultra-stubborn purist Linux enthusiasts to do that refuses to do anything on Windoze.