[Coco] DriveWire is just a hobby (Was: DW4 on MAc & Linux)

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 15:43:28 EDT 2013

On 9/27/2013 3:36 PM, Al Hartman wrote:

> I think the Coco 4 project is working on something like this.
>
> -[ Al ]-

For all intents and purposes, the CoCo4 project is D.O.A. Anytime
something like this is mentioned, it usually ends up in an ideological
flame fest.

There was a kickstarter project that didn't get anywhere close to the
funding necessary - and there was quite a flame fest for this on in it's
own right.

There's been a CoCoFPGA build for two development boards, but, whether
it's ready for prime time is up for debate.

Having a CoCo3 in newer hardware would be cool, but, I'm not sure there
ever will be based on the history of the previous attempts...

Brian