[Coco] DriveWire is just a hobby (Was: DW4 on MAc & Linux)

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Thu Sep 26 22:36:34 EDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:

> Al, first, Drivepak is NOT a Cloud 9 product and I don't think it's
> supported by HDBDOS. DrivePak is a product of Roger Taylor and good luck
> with that.
>
> Here's a run-down of the files in the Zip Tormod uploaded the other day,
> though there are some files in there someone else will have to fill in as
> I'm not familiar with the hardware.
>

> hdbchs.bin - not sure of this one
> hdb4n1.bin - Loadable DECB file for hdbdos and Dito's 4n1 controller
>
> hdbdhdii.bin - Not sure
> hdbdw3arduino.bin - Loadble file for hdbdos for the Arduino Coco emulator
> and DW3
>
> hdbdw3bc3.bin - DECB loadable file for hdbdos, emulators with the Becker
> Port and dw3
>
> hdbdw3bck.bin - DECB loadable file for hdbdos, emulators with the Becker
> Port and dw3 running at 1mhz for Coco 2 game compatability
> hdbdw3cc1.bin - DECB loadable file for hdbdos, Coco 1 and dw3
>
> hdbdw3cc2.bin - DECB loadable file for hdbdos, Coco 2 and dw3
> hdbdw3cc3.bin - DECB loadable file for hdbdos, Coco 3 and dw3
>

> hdbdw3jc2.bin - Not sure

the hdbdw3jc2.bin and hdbdw3jc3.bin files are for use with the J&M parallel
floppy controller to interface with a demo board with a USB virtual serial
port to 8bit parallel interface.

> hdbdw3jc3.bin - Not sure
> hdbdw4cc2.bin - DECB loadable file for hdbdos, Coco 2 and dw4 using Turbo
> mode (double baud rate)
>

> hdbdw4cc3.bin - DECB loadable file for hdbdos, Coco 3 and dw4 using Turbo
> mode (double baud rate)
>

> hdbkenton.bin - Loadable DECB file for hdbdos and Kenton SCSI HD system
> hdblba. bin - Not sure
> hdbltech.bin - Not sure
> hdbtc3.bin - Loadable DECB file for hdbdos and Cloud9 TC^3 controller
>

> hdbdw3bc3.cas - DECB cassete emulator (not wav) file for hdbdos, emulators
> with the Becker Port and dw3
>
> hdbdw3bck.cas - DECB cassette emulator (not wav) file for hdbdos,
> emulators with the Becker Port and dw3 running at 1mhz for Coco 2 game
> compatability
>

> hdbchs.rom - not sure of this one
>
> hdbdhdii.rom - Not sure
> hdbdw3arduino.rom - Rom image for hdbdos for the Arduino Coco emulator and
> DW3
>
> hdbdw3bc3.Rom - Rom image for hdbdos, emulators with the Becker Port and
> dw3
>
> hdbdw3bck.bin - Rom image for hdbdos, emulators with the Becker Port and
> dw3 running at 1mhz for Coco 2 game compatability
> hdbdw3cc1.rom - Rom image for hdbdos, Coco 1 and dw3
> hdbdw3cc2.rom - Rom image for hdbdos, Coco 2 and dw3
> hdbdw3cc3.rom - Rom image for hdbdos, Coco 3 and dw3
>
> hdbdw3jc2.rom - Not sure
>
> hdbdw3jc3.rom - Not sure

hdbdw3jc2.rom and hdbdw3jc3.rom are for use with the J&M parallel floppy
drive controller.  This was to interface with the demo board that uses a
USB virtual serial port to 8 bit parallel interface.

> hdbdw4cc2.rom - Rom image for hdbdos, Coco 2 and dw4 using Turbo mode
> (double baud rate)
>

> hdbdw4cc3.rom - Rom image for hdbdos, Coco 3 and dw4 using Turbo mode
> (double baud rate)
>
> hdbkenton.rom - Rom image for hdbdos and Kenton SCSI HD system
> hdblba. rom - Not sure
> hdbltech.rom - Not sure
> hdbtc3.rom - Rom image for hdbdos and Cloud9 TC^3 controller
>

> hdbchs.wav - not sure of this one
>
> hdbdhdii.wav - Not sure
> hdbdw3arduino.wav - Wav recording for cassette loads for hdbdos for the
> Arduino Coco emulator and DW3
>
> hdbdw3bc3.wav - Wav recording for cassette loads for hdbdos, emulators
> with the Becker Port and dw3
>
> hdbdw3bck.wav - Wav recording for cassette loads for hdbdos, emulators
> with the Becker Port and dw3 running at 1mhz for Coco 2 game compatability
> hdbdw3cc1.wav - Wav recording for cassette loads for hdbdos, Coco 1 and dw3
> hdbdw3cc2.wav - Wav recording for cassette loads for hdbdos, Coco 2 and dw3
> hdbdw3cc3.wav - Wav recording for cassette loads for hdbdos, Coco 3 and dw3
>
> hdbdw3jc2.wav- Not sure
>
> hdbdw3jc3.wav - Not sure

hdbdw3jc2.wav and hdbdw3jc3.wav are the J&M parallel floppy drive
controller.  Just like the bin and ROM versions they are used with the DEMO
board that is a USB virtual serial port to 8 bit parallel interface.