[Coco] DriveWire is just a hobby

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Thu Sep 26 17:09:45 EDT 2013

I'm not even going to quote anything! Both of you have valid points. It's a hobby, and there is limited time in everyone's lives for hobbys. But having good documentation will in the long run limit the amount of questions.

I see that Al has been there and made good documentation, and has also volunteered to make some good documentation for Drivewire. That's great! Should work out well since he recently went through a bunch of hoops getting it to work from scratch -- everything is fresh for him!

You guys have got off on a bad start, but I hope Aaron will support Al in his documentation effort by answering questions as they come up. But Al, post the questions on the list and others who also use Drivewire will be able to answer as well, and users should have a good manual that just needs to be kept up to date. Don't forget to date the manual right on the cover, and change the date as it is updated. The file should be kept somewhere so it's freely available, but it would be nice if someone was the main contact and updates/suggestions are sent to them so that there is a bit of stability. Maintaining the Wiki might be the best idea, then someone can go to the site and copy what they need, print if they want/need to.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine