[Coco] Drivewire on Windows Vista?

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Wed Sep 25 22:40:06 EDT 2013

On Sep 25, 2013, at 7:33 PM, S Klammer wrote:

> Not that it should be done; but, a database (or even just a text file)
> could be used to maintain directory information for the Coco side that
> would be independant of the underlying OS.  At startup (or queued) it could
> scan the OS folder and, where needed, prompt the end-user for any
> pertainent info for the Coco side and update accordingly.

While it could be done, it's not a good solution. It leaves cruft behind that can also get out of sync with what is going on in the folder. This is what netatalk does and it creates so many problems with having to deal with crazy hidden dbs all over the place.

I don't see a reason why the software can't identify the file types from the info that it already has available. I'm doing this for the C64 tool that I wrote and it works fine.