[Coco] .DSK Partition extract/inject tool?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Sep 23 23:29:55 EDT 2013

Chad H wrote:
> I was just wondering if there existed a tool in any Toolshed or elsewhere
> that made it easy to take a single virtual disk (0-255) out of a .DSK
> partition and inject it into another .DSK partition at a specified virtual
> disk (0-255).  Anyone?

You really don't need a tool. The easiest method whether using HDBDOS or RGBDOS
is just to copy one of the .vhd Disk Basic disks to a single .dsk image and then
to a different .vhd image.
If you are using Drivewire4 and have read the documentation, you will see that
you can mount multiple .vhd image that have up to 256 Disk Basic drives per vhd.
You can then adjust the offsets individually for each DW4 drive and turn on
HDBDOS translation. That will permit using the BACKUP command of Disk Basic to
transfer any of the 0-255 drives from one .vhd image to another.

Are you asking about Drivewire usage or one of the other emulators, JVC, MESS,
or VCC? Techniques will differ.