[Coco] 80 column card like a real coco

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 10:11:14 EDT 2013

I plugged the 80 column card composite output into my sony PVM Green input
and using sync on green I have this:

https://twitter.com/RetroCanada76/status/382139358628704256/photo/1/large

Now it looks like a Coco3 :)

I'm finishing the os-9 driver, it is already working but this video chip
has a weird memory wrap at the position 2000, different than any other
wordpak driver I saw. Soon I'll finish it and publish a new video running
nitros-9 level 1 like a coco3 :)

This crt9128 has some nice features like block graphics mode, 60/50Hz
selection and a fill mode, very useful for cleaning the screen or the line,
only 6 bytes are sent to clear the entire screen or a full line. Also it
has a nice smooth scroll for rolling up the screen. Gonna test it to see.

I found new crt9128's from china costing around 6 bucks each. Gonna try
them to see if they solve the overscan since this chip was a industry
standard. I may have an early version of the chip.

--
Long live the CoCo