[Coco] newb: Can I use DriveWire with my CoCo 2?

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 22 00:04:57 EDT 2013

Hmmmm...interesting tidbits there.  So there DOES exists enhanced DW4 ROMs
out there for DriveWire 4?  These ROMS are required for the increased data
throughput speeds, but the DW3 ROM's will still operate at their previous
speeds, is that right?  If so, this does clear up some issues, but raises
another for me...where do I get one of these new DriveWere 4 ROM's LOL.
Also, I seem to vaguely recall posts a while back concerning a modification
to the cables that would be needed to achieve the extra speeds..something
like using a 4th pin/wire in addition to the 3 standard ones.  Is this true?
I saw the DriveWire cables page on SourceForge Wiki, but it just says " This
is where info about making or buying cables would go."