[Coco] RS232 Pak needed

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu Sep 19 22:40:50 EDT 2013

The Max-232 is only the level drivers for changing TTL to RS-232 levels
and back.  (Not the logic chip for doing serial i/o.)

As for getting an UART chips, it's cheaper using an PIC, Picaxe or some
other modern Micro-controller to do the serial i/o work.

With the Picaxe, I can get baud rates about 4 times faster using $3.50
part.  Why spend $30+ for an outdated (by 30 years) chip?