[Coco] DW4 Turbo 230kb mode was : Eureka!

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Sep 19 21:34:54 EDT 2013

Luis,
I'm not disputing your useof your system, just that no one else can do this without your knowledge of the system and/or your patches. We are not an exclusive club in that OS9 should only accessable to those who "know".
We should be dubunking the old OS-9 myth that it's an operating system for programmers and making it more accessable to the average user. Sure, we can build our supr-duper-uber-special drivers for that one piece of odd hardware, but we must not leave behind the user that has a single floppy disk, or the user that only knows how to click the Vcc icon and not know how to set it up. We need to make NitrOS9 a pleasant experience, not a adventure in how to hack a bootfile.

I run as many as 3 emulators at a time on the same machine as well as 1-2 real Cocos all sharing DriveWire from that same machine as a server. I would NEVER expect the average user to even begin to understand how I do this. It took me 2 years to get it all set up and working as smooth as it does. But I would readily make all the tools to do so easily accessable and a good document on how it was done. But, the tools are already available as they're all pretty standard and I've actually started putting together documentation of how to build a "Super Coco/Emulator DriveWire4 System". This is the very reason I was interested in the Turbo drivers for DW4, to speed up the throughput for my Cocos so they don't bog down so much when I'm accessing more than one system.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com